Friday 30 January 2009

It's Rookley Country Park...on Friday the 13th!

The problem with Sun holidays is that one can't always be certain that one will be given the date of one's choice.

As it happens we did - our fifth choice!

Friday 13th (of February) is when we head off to Rookley Country Park (see article below) for the first of this year's cheap Island visits.

It's not that I'm superstitious, you'll understand. No, the problem with Friday 13th of February is that I'm away at our low-season timeshare in Portugal until the 14th, so will have to join my family on the Saturday night (for the benefit of anybody who is asking themselves what kind of guy holidays alone on the Algarve before taking the wife and kids off for a £9.50 Sun break let me just explain that, this year, my family were unable to travel on that particular week!).

By way of a little peace offering we'll be staying on for another four nights after our weekend is up by extending our break privately.

I'm looking forward to our first family trip to the Island in 2009. And if you're a 25lb carp reading this, now's the time to go on a diet.

No comments: